Call for Entries: School Centenary Cover Image
Please accept this message as an invitation to all students to contribute a possible cover image. It could be something to do with the building we occupy or the work that students do or some actual students or a combination of these things. It could be a drawing or a photograph. If a drawing or a design, it could be hand-drawn or computer-drawn or a combination.
It could be one image or a collection of images Photoshopped into one. You are welcome to reference historical drawing techniques in some way but there is no requirement for this. We are very open to your ideas as to what would look great on the cover. A few things to note:
- There is a difference between a cover image and a cover design. We are only looking for the cover image at this stage; it will be up to our book designers to decide how it is positioned on the cover and also to add the text to it (i.e. the title and the editors’ names).
- The book will be portrait shape, but the cover image could be either portrait or landscape. If portrait, then it could potentially fill up the whole cover (but you would need to allow some blank space for the text). If landscape, then it will have some space/colour added above and/or below, where the text will sit.
- The title is The Auckland School: 100 Years of Architecture and Planning.
- Please submit your entry to: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2XOFy8D8WRwQkN1RUVMV2I1azQ?usp=sharing
- Only one entry per student.
- Please label your file with your UPI/Net ID.
- Entries close at 12 noon on Monday 6 March 2017.
- Our process is to select five finalists and to offer these to the book designers for their consideration.