2017 Interstices Symposium
Registration is now open for “The Arts of Spinoza + Pacific Spinoza” conference (the annual Interstices symposium), which will take place 26-28 May 2017, at the University of Auckland and AUT University.
There will be an architecture- and planning-themed opening night, with keynote talks on cities, urbanization, housing, and urban ecologies, featuring Susan Ruddick, Peg Rawes, and Beth Lord. The Saturday centrepiece plenaries will feature Moira Gatens and Anthony Uhlmann on ‘the arts of Spinoza’, and a panel on Spinoza and indigenous ontologies. The conference will be opened with a mihi whakatau, and by His Excellency Rob Zaagman, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, and the conference will close with Michael LeBuffe’s lecture and a round-table discussion.
To register and purchase tickets online, and for full details, please go to:
PLENARIES / KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
– Challis Professor of Philosophy, University of Sydney
– Baier Chair in Early Modern Philosophy, University of Otago
– Professor of Geography & Planning, University of Toronto
– Professor, Writing and Society, University of Western Sydney
Pacific Spinoza plenary panel:
JACOB CULBERTSON (via videoconferencing)
– Visiting Assistant Professor, Anthropology, Haverford College
– Tuhourangi, Ngati Whanaunga; Senior Lecturer, Education, University of Waikato
– Senior Lecturer, Spatial Design, Auckland University of Technology
– Reader, Philosophy, University of Aberdeen
– Professor, Bartlett School of Architecture, University College London